This 1916 Case 12-25 tractor was donated to the Museum in 1955 by W. Longstaffe of Cardale, Manitoba. Apparently the tractor was nicknamed “The Hercules” during its time working field in the Cardale area.
The Case Company introduced the 12-25 in 1913. The tractor features a 2 cylinder opposed engine operating at 600 RPM, a two shoe friction clutch, sliding gear transmission with a bull gear and pinion final drive with a floating one piece rear axle. There are two forward speeds. Originally, the kerosene tank was mounted over the right rear wheel. The tank over the left rear wheel was for water. During restoration the tractor was adapted to run on gasoline, with a single tank on the left. The cooling system features a circulation pump, fan and radiator, quite modern in comparison to the tractor’s big brother in the Case tractor line up of the time, the 20-40.