The Manitoba Agricultural Museum, located near Austin, Manitoba, is hiring for the 2019 summer season. All summer positions report to the Executive Director, with additional training and supervision support provided by the Finance and Administration Coordinator, Yard Foreman and assigned volunteers.
The Programming Officer – MTRSis supporting the coordination and delivery of m delivery of the museum’s children programming during its signature event, the Manitoba Threshermen’s Reunion & Stampede (MTRS).
- Works closely with the MTRS Planning Committee to plan Children & Youth activities during the MTRS.
- Develops and coordinates the Children & Youth activities during the MTRS and implements them during the event.
- Assesses, evaluates and suggests improvements and/or additional activities for future years.
- Interpersonal skills and a willingness to work in a customer-focussed work environment
- Experience working with children and youth is an asset.
- Class 5 Driver’s License is an asset
- Experience in agriculture, history or museums is not required but interest in these subjects is an asset
- Full availability is required from July 24 to July 28, 2019
Conditions of Employment
- Casual work up to 160 hours from end of June to beginning of August
- Must be a student between 15 and 30 years old, intending to return to school in the Fall of 2019
Youth with a disability, Indigenous youth, visible minorities and new Canadians are encouraged to apply.
To apply, send a resume and a cover letter outlining how you meet the requirements of the position to Anaïs Biernat, Executive Director – Curator at email@example.com. The application process will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.