May 25 – 26, 2019
Come together as a museum community for a common cause. Work weekends are a great time to be part of a productive environment, and to cultivate new friendships. No special skills are required. Any donation of your time is appreciated, whether an hour or two, an afternoon, or as much time as you can spare.
Please bring your own work gloves and favorite tools.
There’s no shortage of work to be done. Here are some of the work projects to be done at this Work Weekend:
- Remove fallen trees and sticks from the grounds
- Rake leaves
- Miscellaneous clean-up of playground
- Cut grass – two push mowers and a weed wacker are available; bring your own mower, if preferred
- Prep flower beds at the gift shop, around the office, and at the community ties building
- Pull weeds around buildings
- Check and clean eavetroughs
- Remove broken bench in village by gazebo
- Install signs on pole sheds, dining hall, playground, and bridge
- Replace metal lettering over gate entrances of the grandstand
- Inspect for fixes or painting, as required
- Sweep floor in preparation for Senior’s Day
Bring an item for a potluck lunch or contribute through a silver collection.