Governance of the Manitoba Agricultural Museum Inc.
The Manitoba Agricultural Museum is a not-for-profit charitable organization incorporated in the Province of Manitoba since 1953. It is governed by a Board of twelve directors elected by its membership each year. The Board of Directors sets policies and provides oversight to ensure that the museum operations are contributing to support its mission, vision and priorities.
To enable the generations of today and tomorrow to walk in the footsteps of the people who shaped agriculture in Manitoba.
To immerse visitors in rural Manitoba’s past, providing context to the present and future of agriculture in Manitoba. To collect, preserve, interpret and demonstrate Manitoba’s agricultural heritage.
Angie Klym (President – firstname.lastname@example.org) is a Treasury Specialist with the Royal Bank of Canada. Angie joined the board in March 2017 with her term expiring in March 2020.
Don Wadge (Treasurer – email@example.com) is a professional controller with 35 years’ experience in industrial manufacturing businesses in Winnipeg. With a passion for preserving the history of Manitoba’s famous Versatile farm machinery, Don joined the board in March 2017 with his term expiring in March 2020.
Michaela Knibbs works in health care with plans to pursue a career in nursing. Michaela joined the board in March 2019 and her term ends in March 2022.
Greg McConnell From Birnie, MB Greg runs a cattle and grain farming operation with his wife Cheryl and son John. A strong community organizer, Greg is a councilor for the Rural Municipality of Glenella-Lansdowne and serves on the board of Beautiful Plains Credit Union where he has sat on the audit and human resources committees. Greg joined the board in August 2017 with his term expiring in March 2022.
Diane Rourke Diane grew up on a grain and cattle farm in Starbuck. In 1980 she moved to Minto and started a grain farm with her family. She is a successful business owner of an agricultural research company, managing the business finances as the CFO. Diane volunteers with a number of organizations and is an active board member of Manitoba Agricultural Services Corporation since 2016. She has been a MAM volunteer since 2011. Her term expires in 2021.
Darin Smith (Vice-President – firstname.lastname@example.org) is a small business owner with expertise in the services industries for the past 30 years. His current business is automotive restoration, sales, and business planning in Oakbank. Darin joined the board in March 2017 with his term expiring in March 2020.
Gordon Goldsborough (Secretary – email@example.com) is the Head Researcher, Webmaster, and President of the Manitoba Historical Society, and Production Coordinator of Prairie History magazine. He is a member of the Department of Biological Sciences at the University of Manitoba. Gordon joined the board in August 2017 with his term expiring in March 2022.
Erron Leafloor is a professional agricultural engineer. While working for manufacturing firms across the prairies, he has had the opportunity to volunteer with and build relationships with Western Canada’s largest agricultural museums. Originally from Killarney, Erron joined the board in March 2017 with his term expiring in March 2020.
Rosana Neufeld Rosana together with her family, have been active museum volunteers since 1982. She has volunteered in many areas over these years, but most volunteers recognize Rosana alongside our vintage parade announcer each afternoon assisting in parade commentating. She sits on the board of directors for the Strathclair Credit Union supporting the audit and nominating committees. She also volunteers with the Shoal Lake Lions Club and the annual Lions convention. She joined the board in 2018 with her term expiring in 2021.
Robert Smith Robert is a lifelong Austin resident and has been volunteering with the museum since 1980. He has served the community as a long term school trustee, chairperson of the Pine Creek School Division, and has served on committees representing school board activities. His passion is to research and write articles on agricultural equipment history. Robert joined the museum board in 2018 with his term expiring in 2021.
Two director positions are vacant.
Anaïs joined the Manitoba Agricultural Museum in 2018. As Executive Director – Curator, she wears many hats but her passion is to share how exciting museums are and to create memorable experiences for our museum guests.
What is your happy place at the Manitoba Agricultural Museum?
My happy place is definitely at the crossroad between the Village’s road and the Main Entrance, where you can face the Train Station, the Water Tower and the Elevator. I love how these buildings evoke Manitoba’s heritage and how much they mark the Prairies landscapes still today. They certainly are part of what made me fall in love with Manitoba!
Finance & Administration Coordinator
Dawn joined the Museum in July of 2018. As Finance & Administration Coordinator, she updates the financial records and provides administrative support to many of the events that happen at the museum.
What is your happy place at the Manitoba Agricultural Museum?
Walking through the village and seeing how peaceful it is. Also trying to imagine what it would have been like growing up in those days.
Tom is bringing a wealth of skills to the museum. Whether a building needs fixing or our grass needs to be mowed, he is up to the task!
The Fellows Association was formed on March 9, 1976 to honour those who have contributed in a distinctive and singular fashion to the development and progress of the Manitoba Agricultural Museum.
- Bill McCreery (Treherne, MB)
- Jim Down (Portage la Prairie, MB)
- Jim Christison (Selkirk MB)
- Ann Futros (Armstrong, BC)
- Dave Snydal (Brandon, MB)
- Audrey McCreery (Treherne, MB)
- Barbara Schellenberg (Austin, MB)
- Robert O. Beamish (Hamiota, MB)
- Art DeVrieze (Austin, MB)
- Alex Patterson (MacGregor, MB)
- Ron Bullock (Oak River, MB)
- Rollie Wilkins (Rumsey, AB)
The number of Fellows at one time shall not exceed fifteen, but does not necessarily need to reach this number.
Roll of Honour
- Benjamin Richardson (Bagot, MB)
- Stella Lake Richardson (Bagot, MB)
- John Russell Walker (Portage la Prairie, MB)
- Donald A. Campbell (Brandon, MB)
- Mirwin Addison Curtis (Brandon, MB)
- Kenneth Elvis Sumner (Winnipeg, MB)
- Gordon Alexander Cram (Darlingford, MB)
- David Nicol Hird (Lavenham, MB)
- Kenneth Malcolm Duncan (Austin, MB)
- Charles Edward Hotel (Austin, MB)
- Lloyd Austin Tennis (Carberry, MB)
- Mary Katheryn Tennis (Carberry, MB)
- John Percy Dodwell (Austin, MB)
- Abram Arthur Grobb (Treherne, MB)
- Charles Arthur Sear (Carberry, MB)
- Mary Eliza Swales (Westbourne, MB)
- John Muirhead (Carberry, MB)
- James Wesley Williamson (Alexander, MB)
- Thomas James Carrothers (Austin, MB)
- Albert Parker Bernie (Angusville, MB)
- Lewis Gordon Swales (Westbourne, MB)
- Thomas Roy Hamilton (Ochre River, MB)
- Lincoln Beamish (Hamiota, MB)
- Douglas Beamish (Hamiota, MB)
- Thomas William Lobb (Helston, MB)
- Cyril Randall (Austin, MB)
- Ira Williamson (Alexander, MB)
- Frances McLachlan (Beaver, MB)
- James Hay (Sidney, MB)
- Marion Bernie (Rossburn, MB)
- Olga Adams (Bagot, MB)
- Jack Adams (Bagot, MB)
- David McKeand (Douglas, MB)
- Charlie Hamilton (Ochre River, MB)
- James Swales (Westbourne, MB)
- Clarence Oliver Denser (Austin, MB)
- David John Black (Brandon, MB)
- George H. Hambley (Winnipeg, MB)
- John Steiss (Helston, MB)
- Walter Edwin Mayer (Helston, MB)
- J. Gordon M. Hay (Austin, MB)
- Mildred Irene Black (Brandon, MB)
- Douglas McIntyre (Arizona, MB)
- Joseph Tucker (Portage la Prairie, MB)
- Fred Simms (Elm Creek, MB)
- Donald Milne (Makinak, MB)
- Etta May Carrothers (Austin, MB)
- David Hogg (Minitonas, MB)
- Fred Harrison (Holland, MB)
- Donald Ephriam Carrothers (Austin, MB)
- Margaret Henderson (Winnipeg, MB)
- Clare Angers (Miami, MB)
- Kenneth Down (Holland, MB)
- Percy Henderson (Winnipeg, MB)
- Jack Collier (Winnipeg, MB)
- Ab Thompson (Holland, MB)
- Gerald W. Bilton (Hartney, MB)
- W. Frank Sims (MacGregor, MB)
- William Early (Austin, MB)
- Eileen Anne Early (Austin, MB)
- George Down (Holland, MB)
- Roy Compton (Darlingford, MB)
- Stella Catherine Lobb (Helston, MB)
- M. S. Joseph McMurachy (McConnell, MB)
- William Stanger (Portage la Prairie, MB)
- Vernon Orland McKelvy (MacGregor, MB)
- Howard Bond (Darlingford, MB)
- Edward Lear Grobb (Treherne, MB)
- Thelma Bessie Forbes (Rathwell, MB)
- Violet Wright (Austin, MB)
- Nick Kowalchuk (Austin, MB)
- Violet Doucette (Austin, MB)
- Karl Jedel (Austin, MB)
- Yvonne Down (Holland, MB)
- Peter Schellenberg (Castor, AB)
- Ella Kowalchuk (Austin, MB)
- Wally Loewen (Dufresne, MB)
- Clifford Carrothers (Winnipeg, MB)
- Terry Farley (Brandon, MB)
- Kevin Milne (Makinak, MB)
- Allan Alton (Manitou, MB)
- Jim Barclay (Winnipeg, MB)
- Abe Thiessen (Austin, MB)
- Margaret Cram (Pilot Mound, MB)
- Art Hardy (Belmont, MB)
- Gladys Barclay (Winnipeg, MB)
- Vera Hay (Austin, MB)
- Bob Anderson (MacGregor, MB)
- Ella Jedel (Austin, MB)
- Bill Williams (Manitou, MB)
- Elsie Sims (MacGregor, MB)
- Jim Kingdon (Minnedosa, MB)