The Manitoba Threshermen’s Reunion and Stampede (MTRS) is seeking two announcers, one for the Pioneer Power Parade and one for the Evening Rodeo to be held at the Manitoba Agricultural Museum grounds from Thursday, July 28 to Sunday July 31, 2022. Please see duties listed below.
RODEO ANNOUNCER – Thursday, Friday, Saturday at 7:30 pm and Sunday at 5:00 pm
- Welcomes the audience – conducts opening ceremony with anthem (Canada & US) and introduction of flag bearers and Rodeo committee, pick up men, etc.
- Must have good working knowledge of rodeo events and chariot racing
- Provide enthusiastic and upbeat commentary throughout the rodeo to keep audience engaged
- Participant names/home town are provided in an enlarged program for easy reading/reference
- Able to work closely with Arena Director/Chute Boss
- Acknowledge all event sponsors
- Knowledge of the CCA/MRCA contestants and standings is a plus
PARADE ANNOUNCER – Daily at 1:30 pm
- Greet/welcome the audience to the 66th Manitoba Threshermen’s Reunion & Stampede
- Conducts opening ceremony with anthem, and introduction of dignitaries and guests
- Conduct proceedings of parade with enthusiasm followed by the “Slow Race” and Threshing Competition
- Assistant provided for each section of the parade – Horsepower, Antique Tractors/Equipment, Steam, Expo
- Have good knowledge of the activities happening during the four-day event – a folder with this information will be available prior to event
- Have working knowledge of antique equipment
- Acknowledge all sponsors – list provided
Interested individuals are asked to submit a letter of application with salary expectation. Please include references and video clip with application.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected will be contacted for an interview.
Please submit to:
Gerry Currie, MTRS Chair